Sunday 27 March 2011

MORE U.S. LITERARY AGENTS

Sorry for not posting stuff as often as I should. Have been really very busy - proofreading and correcting and re-formatting both print and digital versions of a novel, visiting the UK, and researching the wonderful world of ebook creation, publishing and distribution. Fascinating stuff, and I'll probably report back on my findings at some point.




In the meantime, if you're interested in following developments around ebook distribution and sales then check out the inimitable J.A. Konrath's blog at A Newbie's Guide to Publishing and An E-publisher's Manifesto, the Self-published Authors' Lounge, and, for an interesting UK perspective, Lexi Revellian's blog.

All of which seems a strange introduction to announcing that I've added another 5 links to the U.S. Literary Agents' Websites sidebar and another 5 links to the Literary Agents' Blogs sidebar.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, this has been a helpful site. I'm still in the midst of exploring its eerie vastnesses.

    But may I suggest my own website fopr one of your links:
    The Writers' Workshop
    http://www.writersworkshop.co.uk

    We're the UK's largest editorial consultancy, so I guess we'd figure in your "Editor's Websites" section. Alternatively, our blog site address is:
    http://www.writersworkshop.co.uk/blog/

    Very many thanks in advance. And this is such a great resource you have here. I've got it bookmarked.

    All the best

    Harry Bingham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Harry, many thanks for calling in. I've often checked out your website - and have often thought where to link it here: Writers's Resources, Editors? And I've ummed and aahed about whether or not to open up a Editorial Services sidebar. However, as you'll be aware, there is a good deal of scepticism re: editorial consultancies. One writer may say, 'Best few hundred I've ever spent. The pennies dropped from my eyes, and I'm set on the right track.' While another may report, '3000 quid lighter and I feel even further behind than before I started.' Would-be writers' vanity and sense of urgency, subjective judgement, the assessors' need to earn a crust, all conspire to concoct an area of activity fraught with the possibility of manipulation and fraud.
    So, here's where you could help me, and help other writers, how about a guest post on this blog introducing Literary/Editorial Consultancies? Think it would prove a popular post. I'll message you with an outline. Thanks again for taking the time and effort to leave an appreciative comment. All the best, regards.

    ReplyDelete